Thursday 16 February 2012

Bliss N Esso - Where The Wild Things Are

So this tune may be a little skewed in comparison to some of my other picks but I can't help but turn up the radio when I hear this tune. Bliss N Esso are an Australian (in an effort to keep my facts straight one of the members stems from the US and moved to Australia when he was 13 and another is of Moroccan heritage but for arguments sake, they are Aussie trough and through) Hip Hopact that jumped into my life at a music festival last year. Clearly not new to the rest of Western Australia as the local the crowd reached a level of mental that had not been seen throughout the rest of the weekend.
At first, my cynical ways almost automatically rejected this group. Aussie Hip Hop?? Huh! Turns out I was well in need of a slice of the humblest of pies and a lesson was imbedded into my brain. Australian HipHop is an autonomous genre full of unique and influential groups banging out pretty cool tunes.
This one is an oldie but a goodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment